Friday, April 3, 2015

Undead Army 2015 Project

I've been in a rut, have been for a long time.  It's the problem with your illness takes control of your life.  In an effort to retake my life I've decided to undertake restoring my Undead army.  Most of the figures are 2nd edition skeletons and such with lots of stand-ins until such time as I can replace them with something more to the time period or whatever tickles my fancy.

This is the second Undead army for me.  The first one I gave away to a friend of mine at the time.  Which I cry about sometimes as it included my catapults, mummies, carrion and a Nagash.  Of well, I don't regret the generosity, just the loss of knowing I had them once, much like my EPIC Tyranid army,  Brings an ache to my heart every time.

So back to the army.  The skeletons are the 2nd edition plastic ones, which while I loved the adaptability, prove to suffer breakage from handling.  Namely the torso from the pelvis.  Spent a fruitful morning gluing the casualties back together.  The Khemri army I collected at one time has been absorbed into the list.  I've built a unit of Grim Reapers that need to be painted.  Crossbow and arquebus armed models will prove entertaining if not challenging. Thankfully my spare parts are still plentiful and I will use either Dwarf or Mordheim crossbows, and blunderbuss from Mordheim as well.

Thanks to Nick C I have a almost new box of 1st Edition plastic Skeletons to assemble.  There are a number of black knights, carrion and a catapult to make.  Thanks to Aaron T and Simon G for letting me pick their collections, especially Aaron as I was able to acquire Arkhan the Black.

More updates and a narrative to come.

Stay tuned!

My army general.  A liche.

The army as it stands, at least the painted stuff.

This is the assortment of models that will be used for 4th Ed WFB onwards.

3 comments:

  1. A nice collection will be watching how you develop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you are John.

    I suffer from depression myself and it's flared up again at the moment, robbing me of my motivation to do any work on my figures, it's nasty but I will get over it.

    Blogs such as yours are that little extra insperation I need to lift me just that little bit enough to get motivated.

    I too will be watching this blog with interest in your Undead army.

    ReplyDelete