Saturday, November 8, 2014

Dark Eldar to Eldar

We all go through a "white" period.  Yes I did it, and yes I failed, so much so that my Eldar will be have either a dip in the dettol or they will go yellow!

I wanted at the time a female Seer Council for my Eldar, which GW didn't do at the time.  The female Dark Eldar were perfect for the job.  No shuriken pistols at the time either so I had to do some cutting and transplanting to make it all come together.  In the end, I was happy with the work.

My Eldar Guardians had a Dark Elf feel to them.  In the rules at the time Guardians could go close combat (really, who would have done that).  I had plenty of spear men from my Dark Elf project left over so I made the spear the close combat weapon.

White, what can I say, not an easy colour to work with.  Because I varnish all my figures, white does not deal well with it, becoming slightly yellow from the varnish (not the colour, just the fact that the varnish dries that yellowish colour).










No comments:

Post a Comment